Thursday, September 10, 2009
Hula Hooping, bike riding, stroller pushing, kick balling...
The kids favorite part of their day is when Daddy comes home...this is also my favorite part of the day! Keith is such a great Father and we all feel blessed and super lucky to have him in our lives. When he comes home he is met with shrieks and screams (he could probably do without the shrieks, but he tolerates them to an extent). He promptly changes his clothes and he and the kiddos head out for their nightly walk. Kathryn usually runs, Lauren rides her bike and Keith pushes the stroller which is loaded down with balls, hula hoops, juice boxes, toys for John and any other essentials that might be needed. They walk down to the cul-de-sac at the end of our street and play various games like running the bases, throwing rocks in the drain, kicking the ball and most recently hula hooping. If you are wondering what I do during this time...well, I like to use this time to decompress and make dinner. So last night I made dinner and it started getting dark and Keith and the kids were not home yet. So John and I set out to see what they were up to (John stayed home with me last night because he was a little cranky). I found them having a grand ol' time down in the cul-de-sac, but I had to break-up the fun because we had one cranky baby on our hands and it was getting late and we all needed to eat dinner. On our walk home Lauren announced that she had something she "needed" to show me, she stopped her bike in the middle of the road and announced that she would not go any further until she could show me the new task she had mastered. Keith told her we needed to get home because John was getting fussier and fussier by the minute and Kathryn had just fallen in the road and was crying...As you can imagine, Lauren was not happy with this answer and also started fussing...great three fussy kids in the middle of the road!! I immediately gave into her fussing because I wanted to get home, but Keith quickly corrected me and told me "that she should not get what she wants when she fusses", he is right, so after a few minutes of prodding she started peddling back home. When we got home she jumped off her bike and picked up the hula hoop and just like that she had her pink hula hoop swinging around her hips...my mouth just about fell to the floor...and she kept hula hooping and hula hooping. I can't even hula hoop but she has mastered the task and now that is all she wants to do. I have to see if I can get a small video of it to upload here. It is the cutest thing to watch...she really gets those hips swinging around...it is very impressive to say the least.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Join her - it's a great ab workout! ;>
ReplyDelete