Wednesday, September 16, 2009

John Logan

John is our teething, standing, clapping, always smiling ALMOST one year old!!

Wow! how time flies. I don't know if it is because he is the third baby or because he is a boy, but he was definitely an easy infant. I know he will probably give us a run for our money in the next few years...well, I do expect him to pay his sisters back for all the abuse. I recently started bathing all three kiddos together and while I was busy washing Kathryn's hair, Lauren was also busy...spraying WATER in John's FACE. I told Lauren he is growing up fast and she better watch out because I fully expect him to retaliate for all those months of being her and Kiki's toy. The age that John is at right now is such an amazing age...he is constantly doing new things, saying new things, eating new things, understanding new things. Here are some interesting tidbits about John...only remember some of these because these milestones fell on important dates...

Rolled over for the first time on...March 26th (Kendall's Birthday)
He got his first tooth on...May 25th (Memorial Day)
Started crawling on...August 8th
Pulled himself up to a standing position on...September 11th


Born...October 28th, 2008
At...11:20am
Weighing...7lbs 3oz.
Length...20 inches



Things I remember about his birth are that it didn't start on time (scheduled c-section) and that it took a very long time...2.5 hours in the operating room...I heard the Dr. say at one point "so, now what do you think we should do?" I was so exhausted from the anesthesia and lack of sleep from anticipation the night before that I actually felt like sleeping in the operating room...kind of odd, I know. It was such a wonderfully awesome feeling to actually be able to see my baby and have Keith cut the cord and hold John right next to me. Both Lauren and Kathryn were whisked out of the room fairly quickly after their births...with Lauren I had to wait three days before I held her for the first time and with Kathryn it was almost twelve hours. I was able to hold John for the first time while they were wheeling me down the hall from the operating room into recovery...I had never done that before and felt like I was doing something I shouldn't have been doing...but it was actually the RIGHT thing to be doing!!

John has definitely completed our family. He is a true joy to be around...he can light up a room with his presence and bring a smile to every ones face!

No comments:

Post a Comment